Work with your whole family to make sure you're always ready for any emergency!
State Of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry: Do you or anyone you know need some assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas presents the STEAR program. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering yourself in the STEAR registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community. Click here for more information. Click here to register.
Click here to monitor hurricane activity.
2-1-1 Texas - When calling 2-1-1 pick option 6 for answers to medical questions
Brazos Valley Food Bank's COVID Relief Program: Project GotEM
State and Local COVID Numbers
- Isolation Guidelines
- Test To Treat
- Coronavirus Self-Checker
- Caring for Someone with COVID
- Share Facts, Not Fear
- Nation wide influenza information
- Texas influenza information
- Brazos County 2017 - 2022 influenza information
Information on the influenza vaccine can be found here.
Brazos County Health District's clinic hours for vaccination can be found here.
For other vaccination options reach out to your local pharmacy or healthcare provider.
Preparing for Harsh Winter Weather
Happy holidays everyone! As we move into the new season, it's time to prepare for harsh winter weather. From cold temperatures to deep fried turkey, there are many things to prepare for this holiday season.
Preparing for cold weather can be difficult, here are some tips to help you prepare.
- CDC- Preparing for cold weather.
- Red Cross - Freezing pipes.
- Humane Society - Protecting your pets.
- USDA - Protecting livestock.
- Weather.gov - Temperature vs wind chill
- If you use a gas heater or generator, be aware carbon monoxide.
As lights are hung, trees are decorated, and furnaces turn on. Lets make sure fire is not a holiday guest.
- Red Cross - Home fire safety.
- USFA - Holiday tree safety.
- TDI - Holiday light safety.
- FEMA- Chimney safety.
- CDC - Checking Furnace and CO alarms.
Finally if you plan to deep fry a turkey this holiday season, read see these safety tips.