The Brazos County Health District has a limited supply of monkeypox vaccines available for those who qualify. Vaccines are available at the Health District for adults 18 and older by appointment every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 to 11:45 am and 1:30 to 3:30 pm, and Friday, September 16th, 23rd, and 30th from 1 pm to 3 pm.
To qualify, individuals 18 years or older must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a known or possible exposure to the monkeypox virus including an unknown rash or sores on a sexual partner
- Have a diagnosis of HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or early syphilis within the previous 12 months
- Have a condition that may increase their risk for severe disease if infected with the monkeypox virus such as HIV, atopic dermatitis, or eczema
- Be taking PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV) mediation
- Be a man who has sex with men and had multiple and anonymous sex partners within the previous 21 days
For more information on qualifications or to schedule an appointment call or text 979-321-2268. A nurse will make contact within 24 hours or the following Monday if sent on the weekend.