Public Health Emergency Preparedness
Opening Texas Protocols
Interim Guidance for Persons with Confirmed COVID-19 including Healthcare Personnel
To find locations in Texas testing for COVID-19 please visit the DSHS TX COVID-19 Test Collection Sites
Click here for updated Coronavirus cases in the State of Texas
Distinguish between rumors and facts about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Also, see more on the nationwide Coronavirus Response
Protect yourself from Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) with these helpful guidelines
- Minimizing exposure is especially important for people who are 65 or older or who have underlying health conditions such as, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or cancer. Those individuals in this group have a higher risk of developing this severe disease. The safest thing for them, during an outbreak, will be to stay home as much as possible to minimize close contact with others.
Those who are are sheltering at home should discuss with the doctor about getting additional prescription medications, have enough household items and groceries on hand.
Limit mass gatherings to 10 individuals or less
Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Stay home if you are sick!
If you are experiencing symptoms such as a fever, cough, and shortness of breath contact your physician immediately.
If you are sick or suspect you are sick with COVID-19 click on the "If you are sick" icon to learn what you should be doing to care for yourself.
Coronavirus Self-Checker: A guide to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical care
Use the symptom monitoring log to monitor your progress and report any changes to the Brazos County Health District or your physician.
If you are caring for someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 refer to these helpful guidelines. For additional help and questions click the links below
- Disinfecting your home if someone is sick
- Questions regarding hospice care guidelines
- Business/Employers looking to protect your employees: Information for Businesses & Employers
- Know the facts about the 2019 Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors. Share Facts, Not Fear
Please visit these links for additional information
2-1-1 Texas - When calling 2-1-1 pick option 6 for answers to medical questions
Call the Brazos County Health District to speak to someone about COVID-19: 979.845.4440