Thank you for your interest in the Brazos County Health Department (BCHD). Due to staff availability and resources, we do not work with volunteers. However, we do work with certain interns and practicum students.
Below are the guidelines for doing an internship or practicum at the health department:
- There must be a formal agreement in place with the school or university. Currently, we accept students from the following programs:
- Texas A&M University Department of Health & Kinesiology (Graduate and Undergraduate Health Education Students)
- Texas A&M School of Public Health (Graduate Students)
- Sam Houston State University Department of Health Sciences (Graduate and Undergraduate Health Students)
- If you are a student from a qualifying school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
- Students from the Texas A&M School of Public Health have specific guidelines to follow.